Spring Break Prayer Guide
Victoria Prayer Guide | March 10-16 Canvas Church | Victoria, BC, Canada
During spring break, thirty-two people from FBC will be joining Ashley & April Austin, their family, and Canvas Church to facilitate a weeklong children’s basketball clinic. Pastor and church planter Ashley Austin regularly says, “God is always working, always painting on a canvas bigger than we can see.” Since Canvas Church was planted three years ago, God has been working through sports and activity camps in the Victoria area. After each of these camps, Ashley and April Austin visit with each of the campers and their family and give them a Bible. These connections are how Canvas Church has grown to over 200 active people and even planted another church in a very short time.
The Austin family has rooted their family in Victoria to be a light in this dark place. They hope to spark the planting and growth of churches throughout Vancouver Island. Will you join in praying for this family, this church, this city, and this trip?
- Pray that God continues to build the church in Victoria. “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.” - Psalm 127:1
- Pray that God would help the church see how He is working and for the courage and strength to join Him in His work. (John 5:17)
- Pray that God would draw the people of the Victoria community into a personal relationship with Jesus. (John 6:44)
- Pray that God would give Canvas Church a spirit of brokenness over the lost/darkness in that community. (Psalm 51:16-17)
- Pray that God would use Canvas Church to be a light and a blessing to Greater Victoria and all of Vancouver Island. (Matthew 5:13-16)
- Pray that God would daily remind the Austin family that He is truly the Good Shepherd. (John 10:11)
Youth Ministry Mission Trip Prayer Guide | March 9-16 | Belize
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” If you have ever truly emptied yourself in service to others you know that those words of Jesus are true, but how do you get a high school student to believe them? We could teach Bible studies on service, or we could bring in missionaries to speak on sharing the gospel, but the best way for teens to learn that giving is better than receiving is for them to experience it for themselves. This Spring Break our church will send a team of high school students along with university and adult leaders to Orange Walk Town, Belize in order for us to learn how to give of ourselves in ministry.
- Friday, March 9 – pray for safety as we drive to Atlanta, and then fly to Belize City
- Saturday, March 10 – pray that our team would quickly settle into our home for the week, and we’d begin to build unity with our church hos
- Sunday, March 11 – pray for us as we worship with Trial Farm Gospel Church, and continue to build a friendship with their church famil
- Monday, March 12 – pray for us as we begin serving with at a local elementary school for the wee
- Tuesday, March 13 – ask God to give our group boldness and for our teens to be bold in sharing the gospe
- Wednesday, March 14 – pray for endurance for our team as we’ll likely be tired from a week of serving and away from the comforts of hom
- Thursday, March 15 – this is our fun day, so pray that we’d enjoy the beauty of God’s creation as we go snorkelin
- Friday, March 16 – ask the Lord for safety as our group begins our journey home
If you aren’t wanting a day-by-day prayer list, and you need more items than what I have above, here are some additional prayer requests:
- That God would use our group to expand His kingdom
- That God would use this experience to help our teens become fully committed to taking the gospel to all people groups
- That God would open the hearts of children as we share the gospel
- That we would have a servant’s attitude as we serve the people of Orange Walk Town
- That our group would be unified in Christ as we serve together
Marks Prayer Guide | March 11-14 | Marks, MS
Members from FBC Starkville will make a return spring break trip to work in the Mississippi Delta. The main focus of this opportunity is a morning children’s camp. Each afternoon will be highlighted by various community service projects.
Please join in praying for this community and the local believers who live and minister in this area.
- Pray that the Marks community will trust in the ultimate authority of Jesus. (Matthew 28:18)
- Pray for the local believers to strive to become more like Jesus each day and be faithful to go and make disciples both locally and globally. (Matthew 28:19)
- Pray that believers will be obedient to be baptized and understand the symbolic nature of baptism. (Matthew 28:18)
- Pray that the local believers in Marks will be willing to teach their friends and neighbors to obey what they have learned in Scripture. (Matthew 28:20)
- Pray for believers to understand the great promise of Jesus: He is with us always! (Matthew 28:20)